tyre safety month

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:47:46 +0100, I waved a wand and this message magically appears in front of 4x4v6:

Likewise for my Audi Cabriolet 2.6!

Reply to
Alex Buell

Got my Primera P12 wrong. Shows the 17" tyres as 32psi but Nissan recommend

35psi (stamped on the door pillar).

I like who supplies the data; Experian of all people. How does a credit reference agency know anything about tyre pressure??

Reply to
The s-Bray

Got my wife's Avensis right - 32psi. Wife thought it should be 26psi!

Didn't recognose my Transit Anyone know of other on-line sources for tyre pressures? I've never been sure what the correct PSI for my Transit should be.

Reply to
pjlusenet

The s-Bray ( snipped-for-privacy@spammma.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I suspect Experian provide the translation of registration to car make/model, which is then queried against their own database.

Reply to
Adrian

Respect due here methinks.....

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

I would be interested to know of any accurate tyre pressure site myself. Every time I have tyres put on my Vitara, the fitters pump anything from 26 to 32 psi into them. The recommended pressure on the door pillar is 23 psi. at 26psi the car bounces all over the road and is dangerous. Just think how many cars are out there with good legal tyres but illegal pressures. This tyre safety site is potentially giving out information that could be dangerous. I have emailed them but don't expect to get a reply.

Reply to
4x4v6

If that's true, in another 2 years they'll get round to putting my '94 Transit on correctly then. I'm a bit dubious of running around with 0 psi in my tyres at present.

And as for my C5, it's strange they seem to know nothing about it except that it's a silver hatchback... and the tyre size is wrong, as per Thick Fit's database!

Registration: xx55 xx Make: UNKNOWN Model: UNKNOWN (5 DOOR HATCHBACK ) Colour: SILVER

Tyre Size Front (BAR) Front (PSI) Rear (BAR) Rear (PSI)

195/65R15 2.3 BAR 33 PSI 2.3 BAR 33 PSI

I wonder where they would stand if someone was daft enough to use their data and then sued them? I guess there's some small print somewhere to stop you.

BobC

Reply to
BobC

Talk to Suzuki.

You appear to have answered your own question.

Reply to
DervMan

Not one of my cars has come back with the right size & pressure combo.

Reply to
Depresion

Snip

I tried but they did not answer. I have written and emailed Pirelli but no answer. The thing is every time I have tyres fitted, the fitters insist on putting in at least 26 psi . I told them not to do it but they have always maintained that 26 is the correct pressure for the tyres. Some places have said that 32 correct.

Yes but does everyone know that this site is misleading. if you have to use the site at all to find out what pressures you need perhaps you should not be driving a car as you don't know the most basic information to be driving . If they go by this site they will also probably be wrong.

just a thought

Snip>

Reply to
4x4v6

I don't believe that - sorry. Your dealership will be able to help you or Suzuki customer care.

May I suggest a call or a paper letter?

It's no bother to reduce the pressure though... and you know when the pressure is too high.

Yes.

Indeed.

Reply to
DervMan

This site seems better for finding the vehicle and sometimes the size, but no pressures:

again it is just enter the reg. no.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Limit seems to be somewhere between 1983 and 1986 - it does the 2CV, but craps out on my other five.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

Wonder if anyone fancies speaking to the Data Protection Registrar - they've failed the DP principle of keeping accurate data.

Reply to
Colin Wilson