Oh Joy

Car went in for repairs yesterday. I told them we needed it back today as we are going to Wales tomorrow. Nothing happened yesterday, today the ABS sensor has been damaged while doing a wheel bearing. Its OK though, cos they have ordered one special delivery, which would be great if the post weren't all on strike until the middle of next week.

It's my own fault for leaving it until the last minute but damn and fekkiing blast!

From RM 'Special Delivery will continue to be a priority throughout the period of disruption. We have well developed contingency plans, and will do all we can to deliver Special Delivery items on the due day. However, money-back guarantees will be suspended for items posted on 4th October onwards and will be reinstated as soon as we are sure we can fulfill the service promise'

Fingers crossed then eh?

Reply to
R D S

Most garages don't send off for parts and use Royal Mail, they have couriers that drop the parts off within a few hours. Even my local independant garage can get almost any part for any car within a few hours! Main dealers can do this faster most of the time, unless you go to Masterfit - who don't even keep basic items such as exhausts in stock!

Reply to
Don

Yeah, I see 'them' pottering around here delivering parts. The whole situation is obviously designed to push my stress levels even higher.

Reply to
R D S

Rent a car?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

It's ever so slightly complicated, we weren't actually taking our car but were swapping with the mother in law who is looking after our dog while we are away.

Our car (Multipla) was going to double as an occasional kennel while the MIL went about her daily duties. The dog (Doberman) can't be left alone in a 'normal' car (or house for that matter) on account of the potential for destruction.

Reply to
R D S