Tyre Shine

Really? Shit, the tyre place never told me to wax them to keep them working properly. Perhaps that's why I only got 40,000 miles out of my rear tyres.

Bullshit Can anyone else smell it too?

Reply to
Robert R News

The message from Scott M contains these words:

Ah, so you've seen my Maestro then. Must change it soon, it's almost full.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from snipped-for-privacy@freeuk.com (Shockwave) contains these words:

Other way round, Shirley? Cars with /shiny/ tyres look terribly chavvy.

Reply to
Guy King

Not so:

"Protects against cracks"

Some of us like to protect our investment and keep nice looking cars. If you dont then thats your prerogertive.

shokka

Reply to
Shockwave

"Protect your investment"? I'd love to be able to keep tyres the 5 or 6 years it can take them to crack!

I used to get through about 6 tyres every 12 months!

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

You'll be wanting to fill your engine, gearbox & diff with slick 50 as well then . & a magnet on the fuel line should help too. It does clean tyres nicely though.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Round spherical objects!

Reply to
""manx.exile "

Is that a BL thing? Had some friends who'd have to clear various household clutter (half empty bottles of shampoo, that sort of thing) from the back seat if they ever gave me a lift. Perhaps it all stems back to BL/Austin/Rover times where Bill Maynard used to fill the back of his P6 with parking tickets in "The Gaffer".

Reply to
Scott M

The message from snipped-for-privacy@freeuk.com (Shockwave) contains these words:

Yeah, but be realistic, how many tyres have you seen thrown away 'cos of cracks in the wall - apart from on wheelbarrows of course.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Scott M contains these words:

I think it must be - the wife's Metros and Maestro were always full to the gills, but her Clio's almost empty even after nearly a year.

Reply to
Guy King

Perhaps it's got a hole in it?

Reply to
Scott M

At least the P6 had street cred :)

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Like I said - bullshit!

I seriously doubt my tyres are at risk of cracking because I don't waste money on crappy snake oil foam polish.

If you want to believe such marketing twaddle and waste your hard earned then that's your perogative.

Reply to
Robert R News

The message from Scott M contains these words:

Nah, it's the solar panel that's got the hole. 116 soldered connections and only 4 leaky!

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Robert R News contains these words:

This is what bothers me about kids today. Even my 6 year old knows enough to query whether what he's being told by marketters is true and even if it is whether it matters that it's true, but there's a whole generation out there seemingly without any critical faculties.

Reply to
Guy King

Calm down people I only asked!

I'll keep my mouth shut next time!

Reply to
Richard Jones

Really?

And cars with shiny tyres look very Swiss Tony second hand car salesroom. I always wonder when I look at a car with shiny tyres what the person selling it is trying to hide.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Funnily enough, the Micra failed its MOT on a front tyre with a cracked sidewall today. Can't complain though as it was nearly down to the limit and we suspect it may have been on the car from new (on a '97 car with 40k on the clock!)

Reply to
Carl Bowman

Kiwi shoe polish

Reply to
Richard Murphy

I know a lot of guys who race in national club motor racing wipe their tyres with celluse thinners giving the impression to revivals they are new! after a while wear and tear shows.

Reply to
dave F