Tyres maked "inside and outside"

You are not talking MKIV surely? They almost bankrupted Ford. Biggest heap of shit ever built. Shame as the 1,2 and 3 were all good motors.

Reply to
Spasticus Autisticus

no, mine was a Mk3 Zephyr 6. LNO551C in Aubergine

We did have some Mk4's and they were definitely not as good, and gave loads of aggravation in comparison.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Z-cars, that takes me back. Never did have one of them, but started with an old Victor 101 estate, bench seat and three speed column change. And three main crank. You could almost close the tailgate with a full 8x4 flat on the floor (or was it resting on the top of the folded seat).

Reply to
Newshound

Brilliant! Try finding a modern car where you can get away with something like that.

Reply to
Newshound
[...]

...and a body so flexible that turning hard right and accelerating in second gear would pop the n/s front door open onto the safety! (And vice versa.)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Some commercial tyres have them, even in the smaller sizes.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

any idea if they are on both sides? (just out of interest)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I'll check next time I'm up the tyre fitters. I'll be getting a set of commercial boots shortly.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon