Using glass polish on windscreen?

Is it ok to use this sort of stuff on the windscreen. I have a very light scratch but right in front of my eyes. Is there a risk I'll make it worse and end up with a big smeary patch of fail?

camjay

I presume you have car insurance so have you considered you might get it fixed for free or for little cost ?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Autoglass say new screen - they only seem to fix chips.

Not sure there are any repairers who would be interested in polishing out a light scratch for less than 20 quid - not very profitable for them compared to putting a new screen in.

I'd rather not go the insurance route as I did so last year and am sure they'll put the premiums up if I claim for the windscreen again, plus there's the =A370 excess.

Reply to
camjay

So, you've asked your insurers, as they'll fill chips for nothing? Mine swear blind it does not affect either NCD or premium.

If you are not sure about this repair stuff, why not practice on a different bit of the screen?

Reply to
GB

That's what it's for:-) There's videos of how to do it on youtube.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I had a scratch and managed to clear it with lots of work using toothpaste and a polishing bonnet. It did take a lot of rubbing but worked out OK.

Reply to
Stewart

You can polish out scratches from glass using ever finer wet and dry carborundum paper. Its a labour of love.

Practice on a piece of glass first, so you dont wreck something.

End up with T-cut and car polish (the mildly abrasive tyep) at the very end.

Reply to
john bently

Biggles

Reply to