Is this windscreen scratch an MOT failure?

Just had the MOT. It failed on 8.3.1a and 8.3.1d, because of wiper blade damage to the EDGE of the blade.

For example:

particular:
Can you see anything that looks bad enough to fail? Particularly when you consider that all I can see through the scratch (which is more of a slight thin distortion than scratch) is above 1cm of road above the bonnet! There's a closeup of a small chip, which is in zone A, but is

5mm across, the limit being 10mm.

If I look here:

it says:Scratches on the windscreen ie light surface scratching, are not to be considered as damage. However, an area of concentrated scratching such as caused by the prolonged use of a defective wiper blade which obscures vision is to be considered a reason for rejection if it meets the fail criteria.

Do you think I should go back and ask for a second opinion? Otherwise, it's £100 for a new windscreen.

Reply to
Jonathan

"This album is private"

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

It'll be fine. You'll be wanting to get it filled with resin or it will become a massive chip / crack eventually. OTOH that'll cost money and a new windscreen is often nice if the old one's been scratched by crap wiper blades.

Reply to
Doki

Oops, sorry, try again.

Anyway, I got it resolved in the end - I took it to a glass repair person who said he couldn't repair it, but why didn't I just put 1" smaller blades on, then the scratch would be outside the wiping area. Duh! Why didn't I think of that! When I took it back for retest, he looked at it, said "I wondered if you'd do that!", and passed me!

Reply to
digitaltoast