Vauxhall 1.6L Air Leak?

Hi

I have a Vx 1.6L Petrol/LPG Combo Van. 2003.

The engine is the same as normally knocks about in the Astra of the same vintage.

I have a bit of an issue with it.Sometimes perhaps 1-15 times, when i push the accellerator to the floor, or at leas a good way down, or the revs rise with under load, the engine begins to make a loudish "Phhheerrrrtt" sort of noise. The same sort of noise as a vacuum cleaner may make if something loose and flappy was stuck in the hose. It will stop doing this if i get off the power momentarily and try again, there is no loss of performance and no codes recorded when this occurs.

I have examined the inlet pipeworkary with an unlit blowlamp and it all seems in order.

The only other thing is that the EGR valve is currently defective and unplugged - to prevent what i can only describe as a dead spot when pulling away, where there is no power then when the EGR sorts itself out the power comes in with an almighty boot up the arse making me look like i cant drive. - Fault gode for EGR shows up and syptoms go away when it is unplugged.

Could the EGR valve be causing this noise or am i looking in the wrong places/is there a common failure place on the inlet system?

Reply to
Kipling