Which caliper paint?

Is it worth using a 'proper' caliper paint (Foliatec, Savage, E Tech, etc.) rather than Hammerite?

Reply to
Peter Twydell

yes, the right stuff sinks in and will stay on

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Is any one product better than the others (ease of application, durability, etc), or are they all much of a muchness?

Reply to
Peter Twydell

the best ones are a two part system (epoxy, I believe) I can't recall any makes, but if you go round a couple of car places there will be some to compare, and usually they have a nice shiny caliper with some on.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I use Hammerite without problems it does harden and stay on , couple of coats is better finish. Also used on the fan blades and pulleys. (MGB)

My calipers are usually o'hauled on a regular basis 2 yrs low mileage use car. At the same time repainted.

New calipers are only painted with a light coating of paint to prevent rust.

Reply to
Rob