Vauxhall Astra external temperature

During a cold spell over the winter the external temperature readings on my

2001 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 CD went a bit haywire and haven't been right since. The temperature still fluctuates but not consistently, and it overreads by around 10-15°C.

The Haynes manual for my model has yet to be released, and I know it's not a major issue but it's annoying all the same. :-) I'd welcome any suggestions about which part of the system isn't working properly and how to fix it.

Paul

-- [melt the ice to reply]

Reply to
Paul Brown

With Vauxhalls, the temperature sender unit is inside the NS front wheelarch just behind the bumper. You'll need to replace it. Costs around £30?

Alec

Reply to
Alec

£33 When I got one
Reply to
Tom Burton

Crikey! Was that a fitted price? Last time I had to fit one, the sensor cost about £14 inc VAT!!

Well, that's inflation for you.....

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Thanks for all the advice. :o)

Paul

-- [melt the ice to reply]

Reply to
Paul Brown

Could the sensor just have got a big lump of mud or something from the road on it, creating a thermal effect? Might be worth finding and cleaning it up first before buying a new one.

Reply to
MB_UK

If its the mk4 astra it's behind the middle of the radiator opening in the "V" shape just under the badge.

I replaced one on my Cavalier a few years ago - took 10 seconds, part was about 8 quid. Similar problems to yours - could get -40c on a sunny day, and

  • 40 in snow and ice!
Reply to
Richard Murphy