Vauxhall auto level system

I have an Omega elite . It has an auto level system which works somehow on the rear suspension when more than a certain amout of weight is placed at the rear of the car. having hooked up my caravan which places 75 KG on the towbar, I can hear a constant hiss from both sides of the rear axle. Is this normal, or is there a leak in the system. Also, where is this air pumped from and how does the system work.

Reply to
paul

Compressor.

Reply to
Conor

There's an on board compressor that pumps the suspension up to its ride height. I think its under the front of the drivers wing ( could be pass side ) there is a ride height sensor on the rear suspension arm to regulate the height/compressor. No I dont think you should be hearing a hissing noise at all. Probably a disconnected or burst pipe or a burst airbag on a shock absorber. Try caveb forums for more advice.

Reply to
Gary Millar