Disco 2 Air suspension diagram

Could someone supply a link to or directly a P&ID for the air suspension sytem, showing the bags, valves etc... I'd just like to understand how it works.

Alastair

Reply to
alastair.mcmurray

In message , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com writes

It is the most simple of all Landrover air suspension systems.

One compressor supplies via 2 valves, one left and one right, these valves serve as both inlet and exhaust. One pipe to each air bag.

The compressor and valves are neatly packaged in the box bolted to the N/S chassis rail. There is no reservoir tank as such! The air intake has a foam filter and is located behind the N/S rear lamp unit (rather stupidly under the sunroof drain tube)

Each side has a height sensor between the radius arm and the chassis that passes info to the Ecu which is located behind the glove box.

It is that simple !!!

Reply to
Marc Draper

I just found a copy of the manual, great diagrams etc..... Like you say it is rather simple, I'm convinced that my problem is with the air springs. If I leave the car two days on 'normal hight' is sinks, but if I leave it on 'High' it stays inflated for at lease a week possibly indefinatly.....odd, guess I will have to buy two new air springs.

Alastair

Reply to
alastair.mcmurray

Check the valves & air lines before you do, soapy water is your friend.

The airbags are piss simple to change too.

Reply to
Nige

Hi Nigel, Are they? I had a deflated offside bag a week or three ago (2001 Disco

2 XS) It reflated OK when car was started up and has remained OK since including some fairly heavy work. But I guess there is something wrong somewhere so I'm expecting to have to do this job sooner rather than later. Joy!

Can I ask some questions about the job, please? Are they simple to deflate before removal - if you have to! I realise I'll probably only need to get one off if it's already gone flat. How does the connection of the pipe on the top fit. It looks like a plastic pipe on mine, then some sort of union. Is the union threaded - a la brake pipe unions? I have some recollection of reading they are some sort of spring device....you pull it back and the pipe/connector come out together? Is the pipe under pressure? Do I need to take some precautions? If the unions are threaded how on earth do you get a spanner on the union - it looks fairly short on space in there?

TIA Please reply to group - email address is not monitored Ian

Reply to
Ian

In message , Ian writes

Make sure you support the chassis on an axle stand ! the towbar is a good place.

Slowly undo the union on the bag or stick a knife through the side (BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE AXLE STAND HOLDING THE CHASSIS) it will gently hiss rather than go bang.

The union is very easy to remove. Take the old union off of the pipe and the "olive". The pipe will then simply push into the new union that should stay screwed into the bag.

Make sure the bag is located correctly top and bottom.

Remember you need all the doors shut (and engine running) before the air suspension system with do anything .

job done

Reply to
Marc Draper

Marc Many thanks...I can now approach the job with confidence when I need to. Please reply to group - email address is not monitored Ian

Reply to
Ian