Vauxhall Nova Warning Light

It is saying that one of the engine management components gave a fault for a while. The details (which may be misleading) are stored in the ECU and can be recovered with the right knowledge. If the light does not recur then ignore it. After twenty starts with no problems the stored trouble codes will be erased, so if you want to know what the fault was take it to a dealer or buy or make a trouble code reader. My feeling is ignore it unless it happens frequently or the engine doesn't run right.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

My wife bought a 1.4 Nova recently and on the way to work this morning a warning light came on and I'm not sure what it's referring to. Its the orange one at the bottom (below the battery and oil lights) and has a diagram of an engine with a sort of lightning bolt in it. It stayed on for about 5 mins and then went out again. What's it trying to tell me?

Nodge

Reply to
Nodge

Sorry, saw the subject and just thought "Blue LED on washer jets..."

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Many thanks for the advice,

Regards Nodge

Reply to
Nodge

The message from "mrcheerful ." contains these words:

Early Corsas did it all the time and Vauxhall told us to just ignore it.

Reply to
Guy King

Ah, no, they're only found on Vauxhall Chavettes - although they can resemble a nova/astra/corsa and even micras and saxos.

They're the ones with burberry or DKNY interiors, innit? cheers,

Reply to
James Dore