Vauxhall vectra

I was driving home the other night and my engine stalled and i could not re-start.

I have been having the common problem of my cam/crank sensor failing and so had already replaced the crank sensor but was awaiting the delivery on the cam sensor.

The engine stalled when driving along a flat piece of road while accelerating but not to hard (engine man light not on), since this I have been having problems getting the car to start. I thought the cam sensor might of finally given up and luckly this arrived the next day so I changed it but still the same problem.

The engine will turn over but still wont start. it does not seem to be a fuel problem as I have once got the car started (after a fair bit of cranking)and it ran ok once started but the engine man light came straight on rather than only when the car had warmed as previous.

I have checked the fault codes and get 0340 (cam shaft sensor)and now

0330 (2nd knock sensor)

please could anybody shed any light on either:

1: what is the 2nd knock sensor? 2: what might the problem be and how could it be fixed?

many thanks

Reply to
mike baynton

How old is your car, and what engine does it have?

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Reply to
mike baynton

I have looked up the trouble code P0330, and it is not listed for the X20XEV

2.0 engine. This code applies to the X25XE 2.5 V6 engine, which has 2 knock sensors. I am not sure how you have obtained the codes, but I suggest that the code reader may not be interpreting the ECU correctly.

The engine will run in limp-home mode with either the crank or cam sensor out of use (the revs will be limited to 4500rpm). If the other sensor then gives up, then the engine will not run. You mention that a new crank sensor was recently fitted. Check the wiring to the crank sensor has been routed correctly when it was replaced. I have seen short-cuts taken when fitting them, in that instead of the wiring being routed behind the PAS pump bracket, it is routed round the front. This brings it too near the manifold and can melt the cable.

HTH