Vectra 2.0 1998 front brakes

Just replaced discs and pads but have noticed something that looks not quite right: Both discs are 'polished' evenly across the inboard side of both discs. However, only the outer ~30% of the outboard faces of both discs is polished. Have re-fitted checking that pads are free to move on caliper holder with no improvement.

Has anybody else come across this before?

Cheers,

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny

Yes, if they've been sticky then disc corrodes & eats the pad rather than the pad polishing the disc, clean them up with some wet & dry.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks Duncan,

I should have made it clearer, I fitted new discs and pads.

Lenny

Reply to
Lenny

Try bedding the pads in, only a very slight non squareness is needed.

Duncan Wood

Thanks Duncan,

I'll give it a go!

Reply to