Vectra 99 Throttle Control -Clean Help Please

I have a 99 Vectra 1.8 Petrol. I would like to have the throttle control cleaned as my car sometimes switches off at traffic lights and the like. I once had this done at Vauxhall dealers. However I usually have my ca4r serviced at a local village garage. They are not sure whether it is something they can do and the Vauxhall dealers are less than helpful with advice. Seems a bit mean. Will appreciate any step by step advice that I can pass on to my local mechanic on how to dismantle and clean it.

Reply to
Oscar

To be quite honest, if your local garage are not able to perform this operation then I really wouldnt be trusting them with servicing the vehicle. Stalling / idle problems on the Ecotec engines are very well known and so is the cleaning procedure on the ISCV and throttle body. (common to do it on many other vehicles too) Likewise the PCV mod is well documented, so if they are not familiar with this then go elsewhere before end up with more problems.

Sorry to sound harsh but sorting your problem is about as difficult as changing the spark plugs.

On the subject of the Ecotec engine, when was your cam belt changed, and were the modifyed rollers installed, we dont want you coming back next week with "ecotec wrecked engine after belt breaks.."!! The interval *is*

36,000miles, NOT 80k.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..