vectra cutting out

i have a 2000 vectra 1.8 ls 16v it has started to cut out usually when braking at junctions, parking etc. it starts ok and no warning lights, apart from battery light flickering when its cutting out

Reply to
stupidb

Is it only doing it when you press the brake pedal?

Reply to
Conor

So does it go to an abnormally low tickover and peter out? or stop dead? If it slows and eventually dies then I would guess the idle air control valve or a blocked breather system

Reply to
mrcheerful

Caked up throttle body, blocked breather and a caked ISCV. Clean then all with Carb cleaner so nice and shiney once more.

I assume a 2000 car will have the updated breather hoses and updated ISCV already fitted.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..