Volvo 850 2.5 auto

The lambda light is always on and two dealers have told me it is a faulty sensor not a problem. The cure apparently is expensive £200 - £250 . Is it ok to ignore it, can I turn it off or do I need to stump up the cash. Does it show cat failure? Thanks for any info

Reply to
Capt T

Sounds like an expensive Lambda (oxygen) sensor!!! They are not usually this expensive, it probably includes a couple of hours to fit it at £100 per hour. They just screw in the manifold.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

I'm guessing the first sentance is supposed to say that it is not the lambda sensor that is the problem...

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Get an independant to replace it. Dealer did mine under warranty and was under 15 minutes from driving in to driving out (hadn't finished the coffee) so a good independant should be able to do it quickly and cheaply -I think the part is about 80 quid but eurocarparts is down just now.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp