Volvo 850 passenger airbag

Friend has just asked if there's any way of disabling the passenger airbag on an N reg volvo 850 estate. She's going to be using a infant seat in it.

She's been told it not possible, or that if it is, the airbag light will be constantly lit on the dash - which would drive her mad.

I'm not a volvo person so have no idea if its possible. Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

Reply to
TTT

Can't answer for the Volvo, but when my stepson made enquiries about doing it to his '02 Mondeo, he found there is a dealer kit to enable turning it on or off.

Only trouble is, the kit, plus fitting and reprogramming the ECU, was

240UKP!

If there is really no alternative, unplugging it will disable it, and the lamp could be covered with tape. However, if it's like the Mondy, you will need to have the fault reset to put the light out after you plug it back in.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I don't know Ovlov's either but usually there is a keyhole on the end of the dash or twist switch that is only visible when the door is open. Failing that just put junior in one of the back seats... simples squeek :)

Reply to
Chris Dugan
[...]

Another common place to site the disabling switch is in the glove box.

Best idea for convenience, but many new Mums then spend an unsafe amount of time failing to look in the direction the car is heading...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan