VOSA suspend registraion plate testing

Technical reasons my ass, they're getting flooded with complaints I bet.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

reg ("reg" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Bwahahahahahaah...

Piss-up. Brewery.

Reply to
Adrian

message from VOSA when i signed on to the MOT computer this morning :

[quote] for technical reasons with immediate effect no registration plates must be failed for wrong colour-missing supplier details postcode -BSAU number -background overprinting-honeycomb or similar effect background-non reflective borders-unacceptable symbols or flags until further notice. An SN will be issued with further details shortly.[/quote]
Reply to
reg

Reply to
Peter Hill

Dealers moaning they can't advertise any more!

Funnily enough as that notice was being read we were replacing 'unacceptable' number plates on a Civic, for a pink slip issued by the police!

Des

Des

Reply to
Dieseldes

Charming, I just went out and bought some new plates over the weekend! Even though mine weren't majorly wrong minus dealer info ... bah

Reply to
James

Why not try and claim the money back from VOSA :)

I took my dads car in for an MOT yesterday, I knew the tester and he said he was aware of a new notice being given out tommorow but didn't know the exact details of it.

His number plates didn't have the makers name etc etc so I told him he had to go out and buy some new ones, and just put them on top of the old ones, this is what he did and tester just laughed but still passed the car :)

Tempted to ask VOSA for a refund as it cost £20 and the inconvience of going

20 miles to the nearest Halfrauds waiting an hour for them to be made :)
Reply to
Ronny

Hehe I might give it a go. Be like getting blood from a stone I'd imagine.

Pffft an hour for plates at haflords why doesn't that suprize me.

Reply to
James