VW Golf 2001 Hydraulic Clutch

Above the clutch pedal arm is a pressure switch does anybody know what this is for?

Thanks, Lee.

Reply to
test.lee

Do you mean an electrical switch similar to a brake pedal switch? If so, it gives the ECU information regarding the position of the clutch pedal. This is used for things such as raising the engine revs during gear changes in order to improve the gear change smoothness.

The term "pressure switch" is usually taken to mean an electrical switch that measures the pressure of a fluid in a sealed system. If that is what you are asking, I'm afraid I don't know.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Cruise control cut out?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm not sure either was over a week ago now so will have to have another look but i'm sure yuo are right "like the one above the brake pedal", i had to get my clutch arm repaired as the metal at the back (that holds the plastic clip in place) snapped off :-( so i had to get it welded back on, also a piece of plastic had come loose too and i could only think that this was used for positioning the clutch pedal in line with the brake pedal.

even though this is a self adjusting hyraulic clutch the biting point has changed and its further from the floor now, and this switch as far as i can tell is no longer being engaged anymore poss because i havent put the "plastic spacer" in correctly, however gear changes and clutch control are all smooth.

Reply to
test.lee