VW Passat

Hello there

Could some one comment on what might be wrong with my passat. It is 6 years old , has always been serviced, and is an automatic, and has a full tank of petrol!

Basically it starts fine but unless you keep revving it the engine stops straight away. I've tried keeping my foot on the accelerator for a while till the engine is warmed up but it still dies the moment I take my foot off the gas. Normally I would just take it in to the garage but as I can't keep the engine going I'm stuck

Any ideas/suggestions?

Many thanks for any help

Steve

Reply to
sj

Idle valve.

Reply to
Conor

Idle valve, about £90 for a new one or you can clean the old one with carb cleaner.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thanks for both the replys

Cheers guys