vw problems

Hi, I have recently bought an N reg fuel injected VW mk3 golf. I hav

had a few teething problems with it. first of all when i start th engine, the car starts up and then just dies and cuts out??? it gradully getting worse and it doesnt matter if the car is hot or cold I have tried the fuel injector fluid that you put in with your petrol to see if that would make any difference as someone suggested this t me, but it hasnt worked and still no joy. i was then told that i nee to put my foot on the accelerator and start my engine, becaus apparently, with fuel injected cars the petrol evaporates (especiall in the hot weather weve been having lately), so you need to accelerat to get the petrol to start the car.it was explained to me, but i didn fully understand, and it still made no difference. It has actuall worked, but only for a short while, and now its getting to the stag where its getting worse, and even if i do put my foot on th accelerator, no matter how much i rev the engine, it still dies an cuts out. its very confusing, and frustrating-and not to mention ver embarrassing trying to start your car with other people around lookin at you as if you dont know how to start a car properly. lol! So, doe anybody have any ideas as to what may be wrong with my vw? The second problem i am experiencing is with the oil. the oi warning light came on and started beeping and didnt go off. i checke the oil when the engine had cooled and the oil level was fine. so thought it could be something to do with the oil pressure. but eve though the oil level was fine, with the engine bay open whilst checkin the oil, i just so happened to look down and noticed a huge area of wha seemed to be oil that had leaked from my car.lots and lots of it! I too it to a garage,and after checking where the leak was coming from, the said the oil pressure switches had gone, and so replaced two of them they then told me the oil would still leak a little, but woul eventually settle down and then stop leaking. which i thought it had because its been fine up unitl now. but here we go again, nearly tw weeks later its still leaking-not as much, but still leaking, and th oil warning light kepps coming on and beeping still, but it goes of this time. checked the oil level, and yep, its absolutely fine. i seems to be mainly only when i have travelled, not a big distance, bu more than distance i usually travel e.g. going out for long drives, bu is fine just going to work and back. Bearing in mind this car has full, stamped vw service manual and has been serviced and had regula oil changes throughout its entire life.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeee Help me!!!!!!!!!!

-- gembean

Reply to
gembean

Perhaps if you typed it using correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and paragraph separation, people would actually be arsed to read what you posted and be able ot help.

As your post stands, it makes my head hurt even trying to read it.

Reply to
SteveH

Where did you buy it from? How certain is the history? You can buy dealer stamps on EBay...

I recently asked the same question about a 96 Golf dying when you first try and accelerate and have been told it was probably an air leak on the inlet manifold somewhere. Have yet to try to find that.

As for still leaking after the garage 'fixed' it, maybe a few drips as the last of the puddled oil found it's way out from wherever it had hidden but not days or weeks after. If it was just the oil pressure switches then replacing them should have fixed the leak 100%.

Reply to
PC Paul

The message from snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk (SteveH) contains these words:

I gave up after the third uncapitalised I.

Reply to
Guy King

Try running a vw diag tool on it such as VAG-COM

Reply to
A C

There's a reason you were tought sentences & paragraphs at school

Clean the iscv in the air filter with carb cleaner, it's sticking. You might need a new one

If it's still leaking. ehe last garage where talking bollocks, the new switches shouldn't leak, but they do fail fairly often. CHeck it's got the right oil, then clean the engine & see if you can see where it's leaking. After that you're into new oil pump / bits of engine territory & you'll want to have a word with whoever sold you it.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I'm not sure the ISCV is in the air filter on a MK3 Golf. On MK2s with the digifiz/fant injection system it's to the right of the engine IIRC.

Reply to
Doki

Not to mention being taught how to spell. :P

Reply to
Dave

That looks more like a typo to me. There's a Law that says any spelling flame contains a mistake itself.

Reply to
PC Paul

How close are the "a" and "o" keys on your keyboard then?

:-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan