Warped Brake Discs

Hi all,

I've got some warped discs. Ho hum.

What effect will they have on my braking system by using them for a few thousand miles? Will the calipers wear, will the pads wear out much more than expected, will the discs actually wear back into shape! I dunno.

Thanks in advance.

John

Reply to
John

I'd be more worried about the suspension bushes, track control arms, track rod ends and steering rack.

Reply to
Conor

and the effect upon the driver, when the brakes grab and he slides into a immovable object.

For the peanuts discs cost replace them,asap....

Reply to
Tom Burton

Any brake imbalance will significantly reduce braking efficiency in an emergency. They may be OK in normal use but not when you really need them.

They will definitely not correct themselves and they will cause wear elsewhere.

I would get them checked ASAP. It is possible they can be skimmed but this is less likely than it was.

Reply to
Alan