Wet and Dry and All That

When sanding car bodywork, is it possible to use various grades of wet and dry paper with an electric sander/ detail sander. It would make like so much easier but I have not seen wet and dry paper for use with these electric devices. Am I missing summit or wot ? Any advice most gratefully received

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

Using wet-or-dry is more effective by hand rubbing than machine, Machine rubbing is ok if doing large areas that will require building up with primer etc but not for rubbing paintwork just prior to paint. Using a random orbital sander will avoid digging in existing paintwork.

Orbital and flat sanders generally use a cause carbide type paper and are not always suitable for the thinner types of wet-or-dry paper.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull