Alloy Wheel Scratches

Hi, my daughter brushed up on a curb and scratched an alloy wheel on a

2003 Honda Odyssey. Is there a product or method I could use to buff these scratches out?

Any help will be appreciated. Tom

Reply to
Tom

If they are smooth alloy then yes... If they have the fine lathe markings in them then you will create a 'bare' spot there. Nonethless, I would suggest using progressively finer grades of wet sanding (I use

3M's black stuff). Start with 600 and work up to 2000 (keep the surface wet with water or lunricated with oil). After you remove the finest scratches possible with the 2000 grit paper, wash the rim down and dry it completely. Then take a polishing compound such as Wenol (my fav), Autosol or similar and rub that sucker down till it shines like a mirror.

You will have a much easier time if you have a grinder, drill, or buffer with a sisal wheel.

I hope that helps? Andrew.

btw... you could likely find a detailing shop to do this for maybe $60-$80 if you have more money than time...

Reply to
The Good Bohemian