What car is that?

Can anyone identify a new car that I passed? It was a black 4d saloon car, about the size of a Honda Accord. Quite sharp body panels with edges. A round gold badge in the middle of the boot. That's all.

Reply to
Johannes

New VW Passat?

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Nope. The car looked more foreign, either Japanese or American.

Reply to
Johannes

A Chrysler?

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

No, the Chrysler 300 is too big and rounded. The car looked a lot like the Saab 9-3 based Caddilac BLS, but I'm not 100% sure. Depends on how it would look in black. That car also has this round badge on the boot.

Johannes

Maybe the Crossfire instead?

Chandy

Nono, the car was a 4d salon. The Crossfire is a sports coupe. I think that what I saw was a early outing of the Cadillac BLS. It looked better than I had imagined from photos, but I didn't see the front grille.

Reply to
Johannes

A Phaeton maybe?

Reply to
Frank

No I've never seen one. I once passed a Mayback, incredibly large car when you get closer; the large diameter wheels makes it look in proportion as it seems ordinary salon size from a distance.

Reply to
Johannes

But if you had seen the car before then you wouldn't have had to ask in here ;o)

Even the www is class. Try "There is more to discover"

Reply to
Frank

New VW Passat, then.

Reply to
SteveH

Not at 'about the size of an Accord', it wouldn't be.

The Phaeton would be more reasonably compared with a supertanker.

Reply to
SteveH

A salon, eh?

Reply to
Pete M

Certainly not the size of the Phaeton that lives along the road from me. It looks the same size as the Passat which is about the size of the accord.

Reply to
Frank

The new Passat looks very much like a Phaeton. Maybe that's the one on the road from you.

Reply to
Johannes

???

I meant that I've never seen a Phaeton on the street, but I've seen pictures of a Phaeton before, and it wasn't a Phaeton. More likely, the car that I passed was the Saab 9-3 based cadillac BLS, not yet officially released in the UK.

Reply to
Johannes

Johannes ( snipped-for-privacy@smash-spam-sizefitter.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Vectra based, like the 9-3.

Did it look like an Origami Vectra with added bling?

Reply to
Adrian

Mmmm, that is exactly what I said only I compared the Phaeton to the Passat.

Reply to
Frank