Xantia Driver Door - Central Door Lock Fault.

Hi,

Can anyone help me.

The remote central door locking locks all the doors but the drivers one has stopped going down when closing via the remote.

The drivers doors locks manually with the key and this in turn locks all the other doors. Hold the key a second or two and the dead locks set.

Is this a solenoid problem /motor problem ? How can I find out ?

I have looked around the net and see that there is such a thing as a central locking pump, what does this do and could it be this ?

Does anyone know how to fault find what is causing this and what to do to fix it.

Has anyone expreienced and repaired this kind of fault themselves ???

Need Help,

Marius.

Reply to
Marius

The alarm on mine gave trouble, then the remote central locking stopped working. Gave a dealer £30 for him to tell me that the alarm was faulty. Switched the alarm off and resorted to using the key. Not a problem, that's how we used to do it in the old days. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Just had a thought that as it's just the drivers button not going down maybe it's dislodged from the rod it sits on. Needs removal of the door trim to get at it. Had to replace the electric window mechanism on mine-taught me a lot about how it all goes together. And try not disconnect the bundle of wires from the connector block. You'll need a good supply of fuses if you do. aveK.

Reply to
davek

You already have. The front doors have a combined motor/switch. If you use the key, this mechanically operates the lock so the motor isn't needed. But it is when unlocking from the other door or by using the remote, etc.

So the most likely fault is the motor itself. I dunno your car, but they can be DIY changed. If you have airbags in the doors make sure you know the procedure for removing these if needed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Common fault on Xantia and Xsara is wires broken going into the door. Pull back the rubber boot that covers the wires from the body to the door and check for damage.

John

Reply to
John