Wheel bearing and cv joint and poor fuel economy

Hi

Took the rover 600 in for its annual MOT failure and it failed on exhaust (which I knewe about)required middle and backbox , front wheel bearing worn and worn cv joint and split gaiter.

Total bill for the whole lot including the MOT is £338 which I didnt think was to bad.

Recently , my economy has been really bad.I used to get around 32mpg in town but recently this has been around 24mpg.The garage said everything is ok with engine tuning emissions etc.

Can the above items increas fuel use by that much.

Brian

Reply to
Brian G

A leaky exhaust can.

JB

Reply to
JB

And does.... Even a small blow can have a dramatic effect!

Reply to
Tom Burton

Surely that depends how near the exhaust manifold the leak is?

Reply to
Graz

Well the economy has gone back up. Another strange thing though. About three weeks ago , my heater blower died. Tried everything , new fuse/relay/diode pack. Nothing would work and seeign as I am getting shot of it soon (was hoping before my MOT) I didnt bother about it.

When I picked car up it was working. the mechanic said he had no idesa why it started .

Any clues anyone?

Reply to
Brian G