Whel aligners

I'm looking for a local firm who knows what they are doing and can carry out a wheel alignment on my 1994 Golf Mk3 Avantgarde (2litre cabriolet automatic).

This morning I replaced both front strut bearings. I was surprised to find them both so very badly worn. There had been no obvious driving problems, except an occasional 'crack' noise when reversing under full lock. What really made me suspicious though was the uneven wear on both front tyres (and nearly 80k miles on the clock). I half expected the MOT last week to reveal a problem, but it didn't!

I marked the original strut bolts fitting positions, so reinstalling the strut bolts in the same positions should have preserved the original camber alignments. However the steering wheel is no longer centralised, (the old worn bearings must have been very off-centre) so it seems a full alignment will be worthwhile.

Would somebody please recommend a good wheel aligner in my vicinity - Camberley (on border Surrey/Hampshire/Berkshire)?

-Roy- (Surrey, England)

Reply to
Roy Hammond