Where get UK fuel consumption figures?

Where on the Net can I get the official UK fuel consumption figures?

Does anyone have any figures for a 16 year old 323 Mazda 1.3? (Made in 1988.)

Reply to
Sandee

Current models:

Tim S Kemp

No. You might find some figures for it when it was new!

It is at best a dodgy "guide" ANYWAY, as lots of cars are "tuned" to suite the way they are tested. In that the manufacturer choses fuel, ignition curves, cam timing, exhaust system, and gear ratios specifically to do well in these tests. Step outside of these parameters, with winter driving, overloaded cars on hols, driving too fast because you are late and it becomes meaningless and the very cars that do well, can be far worse.

In the real world cars that don't look good (and were not massaged to do well under these conditions) will often do better than the cars that beat them in "testing"...

If you do find them they will not mean much for a 16 year old car I wouldnt think, and depends how its been driven, as well as using OEM exhaust system, tyres, etc no pattern parts and all new and shiny and well maintained with almost no wear!

Reply to
Burgerman

LX/Javelin? When new 36/51/49 mpg for urban/56/75 mph.

Reply to
Nick Finnigan

They have been in the handbook on most car for ages but probably not in your case.

Even if you do find the figures, you are unlikely to achieve them as the car is a) old and b) not specially prepared.

Why not post what you are getting and ask if that is reasonable?

Reply to
Alan Steele - Steeles of Worthing

Most cars will achieve the old 75 mph figure quoted. It's the calculated 'overall' figure that's a joke. Unless you never go near a real town.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I always used to work on the principle of adding the "urban" and "75MPH" MPG figures together and dividing by 2 to get a realistic everyday value.

Reply to
PJML

Pretty much describes my everyday journey to work :o)

Reply to
Carl Bowman