Would you buy a part worn or "new" tyre from ebay ?

I saw a deal on some fairly decent tyres with about a £30 saving on tyres and was thinking hmmm would I trust some random stranger from ebay on a tyre.

For some reason I'm suspect incase its been damaged somehow.

Tempting, but not for worth the risk for £30.

Anyone bought tyres of the bay ?

Reply to
Peter smith

not really more dangerous than buying a used car that has 4 tyres that may be damaged.

I would not stuff about with secondhand or cheap make tyres, high quality known makes are very good value these days, and your life and others' lives can depend on them being excellent. There can be massive increases in stopping distances with cheap or worn tyres for instance, and when you are hurtling toward something with your foot on the brakes you want to stop BEFORE you get to the obstacle.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

"Mrcheerful" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Assuming they're used tyres, then - indeed. Which is why I'll often budget for four new tyres on anything I buy.

OTOH, there's plenty of people selling new tyres on fleaBay. As ever with fleaBay, ask yourself how some onesy-twosy supplier can apparently beat the price of a "proper" supplier who deals in FAR higher volume, and - even if the merchandise is what you think it's going to be - ask yourself whether you really trust the payment system surrounding fleaBay transactions of this kind.

Reply to
Adrian

I bought 4 Continental tyres for 80 quid +140 mile round trip to collect. The listing said they were on a new Corsa that was immediately switched to alloys, so only had delivery mileage on them. And indeed they did look completely new, as did the steel rims they were fitted too. The same tyres would have cost about 300 quid from a normal supplier.

Of course I have no guarantee that they weren't nicked, but the family selling them seemed genuine.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

That's only a factor when they're being posted of course. I certainly wouldn't buy secondhand tyres that I couldn't collect in person, paying cash.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke