Wrong oil ?

Wife has 1998 Fiesta 1300 (NOT the zetec engine)

Dropped it off at Charlie Brows yesterday morning for an oil an dfilter change for £29, picked it up later in the afternoon, they didnt know what engine size the car was so use 5/30 engine oil, is this correct ? will it be any detrement to the engine if its not ?

Reply to
wonderman

that will be fine

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I'd have used 10W40 in that engine but as Mrcheerful says, the 5W30 will be fine too.

Bit crap of Charlie Browns not to recognised the old pushrod engine though. It's not like Fiestas are rare!

Tony

Reply to
Tony Brett

A little OT perhaps but hopefully relevant. Is there a site anywhere that lists engine oil grades and what the should, or should not be used in? Old codger and easily confused. Thanks.

Reply to
Nick

Google is your freind on this one

or just ring your local car dealer

Reply to
steve robinson

Thanks for the nswers guys I found this site which pretty much has anythgin youd like to know about oil!!

wonderman