What oil 02 passat??

Hi Guys

My 2 litre 02 reg passat will be due for it`s 40k service in a couple of months, was thinking of supplying my own oil. what would everone reccomend??

Was thinking of mobil1 0-40(£28 in Halfords)

Any info much appriciated

Tony

Reply to
Tony&Debs

Check your owners manual, the Passat web page, or ask your Passat service manager. Do not rely on advice, however well-intended, from a forum. It could cost you an engine.

Reply to
Papa

I wouldn't rely on the owners manual, these have been wrong in the past, look at the ford Zetec, they have to use special 0-30w oil, this was changed in the manual's after many engines got clogged up.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Good point

Reply to
Papa

Owners manual, Haynes manual, Halfords oil guide, VW garage etc. There may even be something on an oil company website for all that.

Reply to
Malc

The last 3 I've owned didn't!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

5w-30 actually. The later black top Zetec-e's which were very senstive to oil viscosity are more forgiving now- using a slightly thicker grade only results in poorer mpg.[1]

Tim.. [1] on an otherwise healthy engine used in warmer conditions.

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

But that's a Ford !!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to