WTF tech links to older diesel car specs ?

Hi ,

I've got a mega mileage Audi 80 93 TDI which I want to replace. Not becuase there's anything particularly wrong with it, I just want a newer banger with aircon etc.

For a few grand on autotrader, I've seen some decent Xantias / 406's / Lagunas on circa 97-R plates. Note I'm not keen on Moandeos & Vauxhall Sphinxters

I have another car , a 98 Synergie 1.9TD which I think is 92HP, and sometimes it feels like its got more poke than the Audi, although it only does 33mpg compared to the Audis 53mpg.

I'd like to find a slightly more pokey 2.1 TD Cit / Pug or 2.2 Laguna, but want to know what bhp they are and comparison on mpg. Can anyone who well up on French oil burners point in the direction of some webpages that spell out the features & +ve/-ve's of the Renault / PSA diesels which reside in Lagunas , Megans , Xantias , Xsaras , 406s. Or if there are any cheapo 100+ bhp diesels that are recommended from alternative manufacturers like Fiat ( JTD ? ) or Rover 600s ( SDI ? ). I am more trusting of the PSA diesel because of its commonality in Citroens/ Peugeots ( even some Rovers )

Any ideas / recommendations Mr Dervman ?

PS the A80 has 254K with FSH, 1yr mot , 6months tax ,just had service & new brakes. Looking for a £grand

Reply to
Ebodski

Its a bit of a pain (pop ups ads) but the parkers website is pretty good for info, just print out the performance & consumption details of each car and compare.

Reply to
Me