Yaris Fault code reading

Bugger! SWMBO's new Yaris has the MIL lamp lit up. She says it came on on the way home from the dealer, but she ignored it, thinking it would go away! I'm not going to repeat what I said to that!

Anyway, does any kind soul know a method of reading the fault codes without a FCR, before we have to go traipsing back to Derby? I haven't driven it yet (apparently it drives OK), but the idle speed seems a little low. Sticky IAC valve, perhaps?

Reply to
Stu

Stu wrote in news:Xns96BBCA7879902nobodyhomecom@216.196.109.144:

Follow up: I tried reading the fault code memory (you short pins 4 & 13 for anyone interested) but I got six different numbers and some of these could have been caused by me disconnecting sensors etc. So I disconnected the battery to clear the memory and took it for a quick thrash. No fault has flagged so far, so I hope it was just one of those things. If it happens again, I'll read the code before I start messing, then hopefully I'll be able to make sense of it.

Reply to
Stu

Good plan. Its good practice to note any codes present on a car with the MIL showing but no drivability problems, then clear them and re-drive it for abit, and see which ones return (if at all)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..