Yet another bit fell off

The 15 year old pug is acquiring new bits like a thing in need of some attention.

A couple of weeks ago a gear linkage fell off and has been cable tied in place while I've been trying to get the local pug dealer to supply me the right flipping part and be open during their advertised hours and not close 5 minutes early.

Today I managed to pick up the nice new linkage.

On the way home, the power steering belt decided that it had been whining at me for long enough and let go. Power steering without the power is a bit heavy but I can only blame myself since I knew the belt was on the maximum on the tensioner and looked a bit ropy.

As long as it keeps breaking cheap things that are easy to fix and I keep ahead on the maintenance and fixing things, it is still a lot cheaper than running the petrol Scrote. In spite of having to buy it and fix some stuff, it will have cost so much less to run than the Scrote that it will have paid for itself by the end of August.

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

it will have cost so much less to run than the Scrote

I know what you mean, my 306 d probably paid for itself compared to the accord which I have kept. It's slight overkill having a 15 yr old one though.. I see nice low milage 306 turbo diesels for 2k !

Simon

Reply to
mr p

Are you sure it says Peugeot on it and not Ford Capri?

Reply to
Conor

The amount of bits that have fallen off I keep checking to make sure it hasn't got an Alfa badge. It can't be a Capri though. It isn't fun to drive and the switchgear was made by the Jacob's cracker factory.

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick

it cant be worst than this one though