Zafira 1.9CDTI Automatic

I have a 2005 Zafira 1.9CDTI 6-speed automatic. I live in London and most of my miles are done in town driving (London). According to the Computer and my measurements the car is returning 28MPG. The book say it should be 47.

Can anyone advise what the problem may be. Its got 17k miles, and has had its first service, which was basically an oil change according to the vauxhall dealer.

Reply to
Michael

28 around town sounds OK for something that size. Are you interpreting the details correctly, maybe they are being overly optimistic.
Reply to
R D S

I had an automatic Toyota Corolla T3 with a 1.6 engine from new and it only averaged 32MPG, so I guess your larger engine would do less than that.

Dave

Reply to
Dave {ð¿ð}

Vauxhall say 28.8 so your figures look just right to me

Reply to
MrCheerful

"Michael" wrote in news:1173647397.004675.280890 @p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

I would say you are looking at the wrong figure in the book. Driving in London is 'Urban' driving. If you're looking at the 'Extra Urban' figure, you will see a much more optimistic figure, because it's based on totally different driving conditions i.e. out of town driving at a steady, modest speed - these are optimum conditions for economy. Under those conditions, your car is very likely to achieve around 47mpg, but driving in London, I would say 28 quite good.

Stu

Reply to
Stu

It's probably 47 mpg doing a constant 56mph or when it is tested in laboratory conditions. Manufacturers don't actually road test to reach their estimated MPG figures.

Reply to
Ian

Yep, In fact the book says 28.8 urban.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

My 7 speed E class auto does 20-25mpg in stop-start, 28 sounds about right to me, the manual Verso we have gets similar.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yeah..you're doing pure urban cycle and 28MPG is right.

Reply to
Conor