Zetec -s Fiesta engine

Can anyone tell me how to get at the spark plugs on a fiest p reg. For example, how does the plug cover come off? Can I use a standard plug socket or do they need a new type of socket?

Reply to
Gary Bannon

Undo the 6 bolts on top of the spark plug cover and it should lift off. IIRC the plugs are some distance down inside the head, so you'll probably need an extension bar on your socket driver. You'll need a

10mm spark plug socket - get a decent one with the rubber retainer in the top. This will help prevent the plug dropping somewhere that it shouldn't, and will make it much easier to remove the old ones. Personally, I use Halfords Professional spark plug sockets, and they do the business extremely well.
Reply to
a.tucker