1991 miata fan belt

I have replaced my fan belts each time getting a more expensive one hoping for better quality. I am unable to keep them tight enough. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance. Frank

Reply to
J Frank Freeman

Something is wrong beside the fan belt, I have never had a tension problem with mine. Are you getting oil on them when installing or using a belt dressing? That will destroy a belt. If not that, then check the mounting bolts and brackets for the various pulleys and accessories - perhaps a bolt is stripped and not tightening down all the way and allow some give over time.

Tom

J Frank Freeman wrote:

Reply to
Tom Howlin

Tom, I have seen the tentioning bolt break on a number of Miatas ! Check the mounting !

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN