50,000 mile Miata service

My son (an ASE-certified professional mechanic with seven years of Ford experience, and who races in NASA mid-Atlantic Spec Miata) opened his own shop today, Undisputed Autosport of Sterling Virginia, and my Miata is his first official customer car! (Sheesh, I used to get this stuff done for free when he worked at the Ford dealer!)

He is:

Replacing: (original) timing belt accessory drive belts spark plugs brake pads windshield wipers fuel filter air filter

Draining and replacing: oil (new oil filter & Mobil 1 synthetic) coolant trans diff brake fluid clutch fluid

Inspecting (replacing if necessary): coolant hoses brake lines suspension bushings

Looking forward to the car driving and feeling even better than it already does!

I really think this car needs a new windshield. I hope a rock hits the old one soon!

Reply to
Tim M.

Tim, I guess yours is not the 'normal' situation but that's pretty early to do the timing belt. I guess if you're trying to help his sales numbers it might make sense ;-)

I hope he has great success with the business venture. Is he going to offer race support and such along with maintenance and repairs?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yes, best wishes for his success! I wish he were in Austin.

In Washington D.C., he certainly has a very large customer base, it seems like more people are autocrossing/auto racing all the time.

I am even thinking about giving it a try. My buddy Chris D'Agnolo is going to give me a hand getting started.

With my 11+ years and 130,000+ miles in a Miata, and no *legal* racing, that may very well be a crime.......

Take care,

Pat

Reply to
pws