'99 workshop manual for $55

Hey, I just got the official Mazda workshop manual for my '99 from Med Center Mazda:

on sale for $55.00. Not a bad price compared to $100+ like I've seen before, and I got free shipping by spending over $100 (I also got plugs and wires and a fuel filter.)

I should have got brake pads too. When I changed the plugs this weekend I also rotated the tires, and while the wheels were off I noticed my brake pads are getting pretty thin. Anybody got tips on how to spread apart the calipers on a Miata? Whenever I've replaced brake pads before that was always the trickiest part.

The old plugs looked pretty good, considering that I've put 57,000 miles on the car since I bought it used and I never changed them before. I was pretty nervous about messing up that aluminum head so I bought a torque wrench and actually torqued them to spec instead of just leaning into the ratchet like I used to on cars with steel cylinder heads.

yrs jp

Reply to
johnny p.

Don't think in terms of "spread 'em apart" - Think in terms of "mash the piston back into the cylinder". Same end result, but the mechanism is a whole bunch simpler to implement and requires much less effort.

Reply to
Don Bruder

See

Ken Lyons

$55 is a great price! I never could even find them used for that cheap! Keep in mind the small book (the $55 version) is very small print and if your vision is like mine (not the greatest), it's a bit frustrating. The workshop manual IMHO is not nearly as user friendly as the Haynes / Chilton's type of manuals. There's more of a wealth of info but it's not at all what I call used friendly.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo