Advice Please 2004 AMG 55 CLK

Hi,

I've just been advised that at my first major service that I need the brake fluid draining and replacing.

I've never known this as a standard service issue before and was wondering whether or not the dealer is 'trying it on'

TIA for any advice

Regards

Ted

Reply to
Father Ted

Look in your service booklet. Service scope should be there.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

I've had my C32 AMG for about 2 years...been through both the A and B services. Only work on brakes was the last service, tightening a few bolts that were loose. I've not had to have my brakes drained.

In any case, should be covered by warranty.

Reply to
Chuck Taylor

I've got an '04 CLK55 and it's not had the brake fluid changed. However I've also got an ML and that did have to have the brake fluid changed at the last service but I think this was due to the fact that both the pads and disks were replaced...

Reply to
David Wynne

Ted;

Services on your vehicle should be performed every 12 months or 10,000 miles. Your vehicle is set up for "FSS" which stands for "Flexible Service System". That means that the service interval will vary depending on a number of factors... "time since last service, oil viscocity, driving style, etc". I always recommend that AMG vehicles , because of their High Performance nature, be serviced based on the 12mo//10km schedule. The factory will cover those services for the first 4 years or 50K miles, so, why not? As far as the other "covered" services on your 2004 vehicle, they are the "brake fluid service" and the "cooling system service". These services are recommended as follows; Brake fluid service: every 2 years Cooling system service: every 3 years

Other minor service requirements are the responsibility of the owner. Also, your first real "MAJOR" service will come about after four years or about 60k miles.

Oh yes, please make sure they do not rotate the tires on your AMG product. Don't laugh, I've seen it done. :)

Service intervals for years 1997 and older vary from above. Also, things change a little bit from years 2005 and up.

Consult your owners manual and your friendly service advisor. Any time someone tells you you have to do this or that to your vehicle, ask to see it in writing.

Good Luck.

M>Hi,

Reply to
Monterey256 via CarKB.com