A/C problems (OTM Vehicle)

I am working on a car (1994 Camry if it matters) that has the A/C cutting on and off. The A/C light blinks when the compressor quits working. The manual states that the blinking light indicates that the compressor is being shut down automatically due to either the belt slipping or trouble in the compressor, and that it is shut down to prevent damage to the belt. The belt is tight, so I am guessing that it is either the compressor or a faulty ECU reading.

The A/C works great when it doesn't cut off, and it has been a couple of hundred miles since the last time it stopped working (we are still using the A/C here in Texas). Any ideas on what to try before I take it to the shop?

Thanks,

Pat '96M

Reply to
pws