Air Conditioner Noise

I am getting some strange noise from the engine when the engine is in neutral and the air conditioner is on. The problem goes away if the clutch is in or if the air conditioner is turned off. I did some searches on the web and found some information but nothing conclusive. Is this something to be concerned about? My miata is a 1999 model if that helps.

Rex Vaughn snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
rexvaughn

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... |I am getting some strange noise from the engine when the engine is in | neutral and the air conditioner is on. The problem goes away if the | clutch is in or if the air conditioner is turned off. I did some | searches on the web and found some information but nothing conclusive. | Is this something to be concerned about? My miata is a 1999 model if | that helps. | | Rex Vaughn | snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com |

What kind of noise do you hear? Mine makes a rattling noise which is the magnetic clutch to power the airco-pump. The pump still works though so I'll leave it alone for now...

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

Its a heavy rattling noise that gets louder as the engine gets warmer. The noise totally goes away though when the a/c is turned off or the clutch is depressed.

Jeroen Feelders wrote:

Reply to
rexvaughn

Get the crankshaft endplay checked!