Airbag

Hi!

I've got a Miata '91, and the airbag-light is continouesly blinking. Anybody else ever had that problem? If so, anybody who has got an idea of how to fix it?

Reply to
Christian Peschout Olsen

You need to get it fixed.

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

As far as I consern, it is not a very dangerous problem, it's just some bad contacts or so. And my bet is that it is quite expensive to fix, especially in Norway. So if anyone knows the cause/source of the problem, I will be gratefull if you share that information.

Christian, '91 miata (US B-pack)

"Le>

Reply to
Christian Peschout Olsen

I though the link I posted has that info.

Last I heard, you need to wait 30 minutes after disconnecting the battery to allow the airbag condenser to unload. Don't test resistance to try to find the bad contact, please.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Bad contacts connected to an explosive device. In my world, that's a dangerous problem.

Since we're betting, I'll bet you'd rather pay some money than lose your sight or worse when the thing blows in your face while you're twiddling with it.

You've apparently got a faulty airbag circuit. Leon posted some diagnostic information, but since you seem pretty cavalier about the dangers of a faulty airbag, I suggest you just take it to a professional ASAP.

Cheers, Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers

Thanks for all comments.

I Guess my problem is "Faulty diagnostic module or poor connection of diagnostic module connector"

And I guess that I hve to visit a garage to get it fixed..

-cpo-

"Dana H. Myers" skrev i meld>> As far as I consern, it is not a very dangerous problem, it's just some

Reply to
Christian Peschout Olsen

It may only be a corroded contact, so it may not be that expensive to get it fixed. Not worth literally losing you head over.

If you do end up trying it yourself using some shop manual, give some additional time for the condenser to unload after the battery has been disconnected beyond what may be listed (go do something else for 30 minutes) and do not use anything that may create a voltage or static electricity when taking apart and cleaning the contacts.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen