Any places on the net sell parts from junked Miatas?

This just happened... Driving down the highway and a piece of... something... flies off a huge RV in front of me. Tried to avoid it but no go... BAM! I thought it had just bounced off the windsheild and I got away unhurt but when I got home I was the passenger side mirror was hit and it's now badly scared. Also it hit the molding (top was down) that is the top side-window seal and that's ripped too. I figure I can get the molding at the dealer and replace it but I was hoping to get a used mirror from a bone yard already painted (silver) and I can just swap it out.

Sorta sucks but it could have easily hit me in the head or something.

Reply to
Scott Streeter

don't know what year your car is but it's a streach to think you're going to find one already Silver but hey, some guys get lucky.

try: mazdarecycling.com

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Scott - I usually get my mirror assemblies off ebay. I bought a GMC Yukon for my wife last year and she keeps hitting the side of the garage and other objects with those big ol' honking mirrors that stick way out the side of the vehicle. GMC dealers usually want $500 to replace and repaint them and I can buy the things off ebay for about $50. I saw a few of them for Miatas, but don't know your year model. Didn't see any silver ones, but keep looking.

Glad you didn't get bonked on the head!

Reply to
D. Rogers

Thanks for the suggestions. I figure if I can't find a replacement I might just take the mirror off and sand the gouges out of the plastic (or fill them) and paint it myself. Just not looking forward to it :P

Reply to
Scott Streeter

Reply to
Scott Streeter