B2000 to B2200 concersion

I have an old 84 B2000 that is carbureted and will not pass smog anymore. Too many hoses to take care! I was thinking of replacing the engine and wondered if any of you have ever converted a gasoline B2000 to the diesel version which I think was called the B2200. Is it doable or just to big a hassle to fool with . Thanks for any help in advance wolf

Reply to
Wolfgang Bley