Battery Charger/Maintainer

Man, do I like the charger/maintainer that I had bought not too long ago, and installed. It has gotten to the point where I seldom see it giving my battery a quick hit. And I can let my Miata just sit there, unused in the garage for a good two weeks, and when I turn her over, it cranks up just as quickly as I had just taken her for a long spin, or driven it daily.

I have had many cars in my 58 yrs. and never seen batteries that can deplete so easily by non use after just a week or two. Must be the designs of these not too much bigger than a Harley motorcycle battery. They must have been able to find enough room for a REAL car battery in these things>>LOL.

Reply to
Jazz_Azz

It's not space, it's weight. Mazda was serious about keeping the original Miata under their 1000 kg target.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Hey, maybe they could have made it shorter, like the Smart car>>LOL LOL.

My Wife and I saw those in Germany, visiting Family back in 98, and I thought that they would be so cool over here.

Reply to
Jazz_Azz