Lidl Battery Jump Starter From Monday

For those of you who were unfortunate enough to miss the £20 Argos battery jump starter earlier this year, it's your lucky day.

From Monday 1 December, Lidl will be selling an almost identical jump starter...looks like a 12 Volt, 17AH battery complete with light, but wait for it, this has a built in compressor for inflating your tyres, airbeds etc.

Priced at just £19.99, these are bound to sell out fast.

The cheapest I've seen these, is about £35 at the Sunday markets...without the compressor.

HTH tox

Reply to
Zak Dingle

markets...without

It sounds the same as Aldi were selling for £19.99 a couple of weeks ago. On the box, it says something like it is not to be used to start cars with electronic ignitions, but I don't know if this is to clear themselves if something goes wrong, or if there is another reason. Mind you, I think I read somewhere that you should not jump start cars with electronic ignitions anyway, but I have done it a few times.

Reply to
Gavin Gillespie

Hi Gavin

I didn't see it in my local Aldi, perhaps it was one of their regional offers?

As for jump starting cars with electronic ignition, I wouldn't know...I run a diesel ;-)

Regards tox

Reply to
Zak Dingle

regional

know...I run

You probably didn't see it because I got the shop wrong, it was Netto, not Aldi, sorry tox :o)

Reply to
Gavin Gillespie

Good god Tox another winner!!!!!!

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Me too!!

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

In article , snipped-for-privacy@dontuse.com.uk says... | On the box, it says something like it is not to be used to start cars | with electronic ignitions, but I don't know if this is to clear | themselves if something goes wrong, or if there is another reason. | Mind you, I think I read somewhere that you should not jump start cars | with electronic ignitions anyway, but I have done it a few times. | -- | |

Did you mean electronic ignition or engine management systems (ECU)?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Do these need fettling before throwing them away?

Reply to
Me

...and will the little red LED go out?

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

Perhaps Lidl will make a complete refund if they're faulty and give the customer £40 towards their petrol bill!

Best Wishes tox

Reply to
Zak Dingle

Will this really be man enough to turn a big engine with no life left in the battery? Our one cost £100 but I do expect it to start anything however reluctant it is.

Reply to
Alan

It's 17 AH - if I recall correctly that's about 1/3rd to 1/2 of a standard battery?

So it should give you a reasonable go at trying to start the car but not allow for lots and lots of tries.

Reply to
GB

Starts my 3300cc straight six no probs. Blows a totaly dead, lying six months chinquecento into life instantly...... runs a mobile phone for ever...runs a million candle power 12v searchlight all night.....love mine times 2

Reply to
jim.gm4dhj

reason.

From what I can remember, it said electronic ignition, but could not be 100% sure on this.

Reply to
Gavin Gillespie

Used my Argos one for first time last weekend, daughter's Fiat Brava 1.4 battery had given up the ghost. Was pi**ing down with rain so thought I'd try it rather than drive my car over and attach jump leads (the fact I couldn't find the jump leads also helped the decision)

Started first poke with no problem - not bad since it's been sat a least

3 months without any trickle charge. Must top up he charge this weekend.

Brian G0UKB

Reply to
Brian Jones

I've got the old version Rover 214 and I fear the battery will die this winter, I don't have jump leads or anything, so will this starter be okay for my car, do you think?

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

It starts Jims 3300cc strait six ok, so a Rover 214 should prove no problem.

If you intend to get one, be there early, these sort of offers sell out very quickly...remember the weather station!

HTH tox

Reply to
Zak Dingle

markets...without

starter

Probably better getting a new battery, otherwise you can be sure that when the battery does die, it is the one time that you have not got the jump starter with you.

Reply to
Gavin Gillespie

Yes but if you shop around you'll get a new battery for less

Reply to
Duncan Wood

and it will be crap

Reply to