Console Question

I'm looking for an '01-'05 console to put in my '99. I've only found a few over the last several months, and they have all been tan in color. I want a black one. My questions are:

Did they ever make this style of console in black?

How well would vinyl spray work to make a tan one black?

Thanks,

Geary

Reply to
Geary Morton

I've comtemplated the same change for my 10AE. They were made in black, I got a few quotes from salvage yards. I would be patient for a black console to turn up. Have you tried Planet Miata?

Reply to
Chas Hurst

I too have the crappy 99 center console. What year is the best replacement? Second best? Do you have pics of those specific years you can send to me? Also, what kind of cost are we looking at?

Thanks, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo